I have to admit, I was scraping the bottom of the barrel for this one tune. I was out of ideas! All the other tunes just came to me one way or another: either the idea hit me on the right moment, or I remembered I had something that fit; but for this one, neither occurred. So I sort of "cheated": I started listening to old songs from the "project" mentioned in the "c" and "i" posts, trying to see if I could salvage something, but without much hope. Then, suddenly, this incredible bass riff hit me in the face: I had completely forgotten it, and not only it was brilliant and perfect for this spot, but I was delighted to write a "reggae" for the cycle. All I had to do was to start writing.
The beauty here is that I didn't have to change any melodic content at all from its original incarnation. The left hand melody was left intact, chord changes and all, and all I had to do was write the right hand staccatos, and make a crescendo lasting for the whole composition. I was amazed at how good it turned out. This was the very last piece I wrote for the cycle, and after it, I just started recording. A very happy ending indeed.